Kashif Zaman | Résumé
- 15+ years of digital marketing leadership, strategy, management and execution
- Clients served: Sears, Kimberly Clark, Walmart, Craftsman, Whirlpool Corp, Kenmore, PBS…
- MBA in Marketing Strategy & Management
- Agency Experience in creative direction, technology direction and account direction
- Life-cycles of several retail sites, social platforms, SAAS ventures, mobile and web applications
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Thought leadership: Agency’s vision and strategy
- Operational leadership: P&L management, process architecture
- Human capital: Mentoring & inspiring teams, motivation/retention
- Change management: Modern workplace culture; lean/agile movement
- Business growth: Networking, pitching and closing deals
- Speaking engagements
- Marketing harmony across the consumer’s decision journey
- Loyalty ecosystems & CRM framework
- Omnichannel experiences using “test, learn, adapt” mentality
- Blue ocean strategy + methods
- Design thinking (Stanford d.school)
- Social / content marketing strategy
- Budget allocation across paid, owned & earned media
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / DATA SCIENCE
- Performance management strategy and KPI definition
- Predictive modeling: simple and multivariate regression
- Actionable insights extracted from large data sets
- Micro-targeting; behavioral and psychographic segmentation
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Adobe and Webtrends
WEB ARCHITECTURE, DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Result-driven creative direction
- Technical architecture and logic design for web applications
- Conversion funnel optimization for retail sites
- Wireframes, prototypes, persona and scenario-based design
Sep 06 – Present (9+ years)
VP, Head of Digital & Omnichannel — Aisle Rocket Studios, Chicago, IL
Aisle Rocket Studios (ARS) is a privately-held marketing agency (250+ employees). I lead the digital business consisting of creative, technology, strategy and account teams.
During my first few years, I masterminded the agency’s transformation into a full-service digital marketing powerhouse — serving clients like Whirlpool Corporation, Sears, Walmart and Kimberly Clark. Under my leadership, the agency acquired several new digital accounts including Craftsman, Walmart, PBS KIDS, Whirlpool, Maytag, Kimberly Clark, Daltile, Dollar General and Amana.
In the recent years, my focus has been to orchestrate the agency’s evolution as a builder of marketing ecosystems. Leaving the myopia of traditional paid advertising behind us, we are mapping the consumer’s decision journey one micro-moment at a time.
Today, under my leadership:
— Strategically, we are formulating approaches to nurture brand habitats where marketing efforts are crowd-sourced through happy customers, as compared to paid media investments.
— Creatively, we are striving to achieve experiential harmony between physical and digital mediums so that a channel-agnostic path to purchase can be paved.
— Technologically, we are disrupting our agency model with a startup-style culture based on the lean innovation-accounting principles.
Our business is grown organically. We have a great market position among agencies, a no-brainer value proposition and a proven set of competitive advantages. I am privileged to have the opportunity to spearhead this agency’s vision and direction.
Oct 04 – Sep 06 (2 years)
Digital Creative Director, NESTLÉ Brands — B3 Interactive, Cleveland, OH
My role in this digital agency (40+ employees) was to lead the team that managed NESTLÉ Prepared Food accounts including Stouffer’s, Lean Cuisine, Buitoni and Hot Pockets. We developed and maintained brand web sites and executed seasonal campaigns across the digital channel. My team also managed email marketing and loyalty program for Lean Cuisine brand.
In addition, I led the development of a few B2B projects including websites for Summa Health System, National City Bank and Novelis Inc.
Jun 02 – Oct 04 (2 years 5 months)
Director, Interactive Design — Elliance Inc, Pittsburgh, PA
Elliance, an entrepreneurial web services shop, had 25 employees at the time. My role was to lead the creative team and develop client projects including retail, brand sites and CD-ROMs. I also conceived and designed the agency’s SAAS product suite, launched as Ennect.com. The suite includes email marketing, survey and event planning. It turned out to be a very successful venture for Elliance.
Apr 01 – Jun 02 (1 year 3 months)
Project Director, Startup Ventures — Microbytes, Pittsburgh, PA
I led the design and development of dot com ventures at Microbytes (30 employees). Despite positive response from consumers, these venture could not reach their critical masses as the market dwindled over the course of dot-com bust. Nevertheless, it was a great entrepreneurial experience for me.
Oct 99 – Apr 01 (1 year 7 months)
Head of E-commerce & Multimedia Design — Techlogix Inc., Woburn, MA
I was hired to build the e-commerce experience design department at this enterprise technology firm (120 employees) to capitalize on the e-business boom in late 90s. My team launched two major retail websites, one for a fine diamonds business (whiteflash.com) and another as the online bazaar for rare south asian art (artsaga.com). I also conceived and designed the experience for an online stock trading website for Lahore Stock Exchange.
Oct 98 – Oct 99 (1 yr)
Creative Director — Freelance / Contract
I started my career as an entrepreneur in the early days of Internet. Under my sole proprietorship, I built several websites for government agencies, consumer brands, corporations and nonprofit organizations.
2010 – M.B.A. Marketing Strategy & Management
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
1998 – B.Sc. Engineering
University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
HONORS & AWARDS
2012 CIMA STAR Award
Chicago Interactive Marketing Association
Best B2C Website:
Cookmore.com – A recipe and cookbook sharing website sponsored by Kenmore
2011 CIMA STAR Awards
Chicago Interactive Marketing Association
Best B2C Website: PBS KIDS shop
Best Use of Mobile: Kenmore iPhone App
Best B2C Website: Shop.PBSKIDS.org
#1 Interactive Marketing Leader
First search result for ‘Interactive marketing leader’ consistently for 3+ years.
Web Award for Outstanding Website
Web Marketing Association
Outstanding Website: Elliance.com
American Design Award
Best Website: KashifZaman.com
Judge’s Choice Award – AIGA 100
Pittsburgh Perspectives – Interactive CD
Third Higher Ranked Appliance Website — Amana.com
J.D. Power 2015 Appliance Shopper Website Evaluation Study
According to the J.D. Power 2015 Appliance Shopper Website Evaluation Study, Amana.com (819) ranks third highest among appliance brand websites in 2015. It has improved by 14 points from 2014, only 6 points away from the first position. The J.D. Power study is based on responses from more than 4,000 major appliance purchase intenders who evaluated both brand and retailer websites.