7 signs if your web metrics can mislead you
1. If your online business has not established specific key performance indicators beyond the basics (visits / total revenue).
2. If the decision-makers in your online business receive an auto-generated dashboard report but no analysis is done.
3. If you do not define specific KPIs for each campaign in the marketing brief before the campaign starts and try to measure success afterwards.
4. If you reach conclusions and make marketing decisions based on aggregate data and don’t break it down to understand segment behaviors.
5. If you have unexplained phenomena in one report but you assume that other reports would be reliable.
6. If your offline metrics go against the online metrics and there is no clear explanation.
7. If you believe your analytic team has everything figured out to an exact science.